If you have ever trailered your horse anywhere, then you have wondered: How are they doing back there? Or maybe you have felt them moving around a bit more than usual but you are not in a safe area to stop, get out of the truck and look. Recent advances in technology have made these problems a thing of the past! Let us check out horse trailer camera system.
Many owners choose to mount a camera inside their horse trailers to keep an eye on their friends as they travel to ensure that they are traveling well as well as peace of mind. In this week’s Review Round-Up we will look at the best cameras for inside horse trailers on the market.
Horse Trailer Camera System: Top 3 Best Camera
From the Manufacturer:
- See the whole world behind you in rich colors. It is also an LCD monitor so it is very light as well as thin.
- The RV Box camera Has a 120 Degree viewable angle, it is waterproof and has auto night vision. Has optimal reception for up to 50 Feet this allows it to work perfectly without interruption in any vehicle. The camera is one of the most durable we have, with incredible adjustability and night vision clarity. The RV Box camera has a metal sun shield visor to protect you from glare and pebbles. This is by far our toughest built camera. It has been regularly used in cars, vans, buses and even industrial sized caterpillar trucks, operated in the harsh oil sand of Canada. This camera can take a direct hit from a rock and it will still work like new. It has also been very popular with RV’s because its housing allows you to install the cameras on multiple sides of your RV.
- This camera is also a wireless camera so there is no need to run cables through your Car or RV.
What Other Manufacturer says:
- Tadibrothers only sells one type of wireless camera because it’s the ONLY one on the market that is reliable. This wireless camera has a 50ft range that can go through any vehicle. You can also mount this camera INSIDE your horse trailer and see your horse while driving down the road! We also have a C Clamp to clamp down the camera instead of bolting it, you can also use our battery packs and then it is truly wireless and movable.
- What does wireless mean? It means you don’t have to run a video cable from the back of your vehicle to the front, instead it’s wireless. However, the camera and monitor still need to be wired to a power source. The monitor comes with a cigarette adapter however you can use ANY 12V power source instead. The camera can be wired to the reverse light, an area light, anything that has power will be 12V. We also supply instructions and have tech support and if you need a local installer we can find one for you.
- Back-Up Camera that can be adapted – This camera is, in fact, a backup camera, however, many reviewers have used it inside their horse trailers. Since the camera is triggered by the vehicle it is installed when it goes into reverse, the manufacturer recommends not connecting that line if you would like a continuous feed from inside your horse trailer camera system.
- Can be used for day or night – The quality of the feed both day and night are strong points for this camera. The casing is not only durable, but it is waterproof and shockproof.
- Wireless – The camera feeds the wireless screen which means there is less chord debris inside your vehicle.
- May be difficult to install – According to online reviews, this camera is difficult to install. Since it is by nature a backup camera, you will have to figure out which wire connects it to the reverse function of your vehicle and not utilize that wire.
The color and quality of both the day and night vision camera functions are superior and preferred by many reviewers. However, this product seems difficult to install and one reviewer reported it took his friend who is an electrician 40 minutes to install which might mean us non-electricians may have a bit of a harder time. You can read more about this product here.
#2 DohonesBest Digital Wireless Backup Camera with 7″HD Monitor IP69K Waterproof Night Vision Continuous and Reverse Use
From the Manufacturer:
- Upgrade 2nd Generation Digital Wireless 100% No Interference and HD Clear pictures, Wireless Signal Can Stay Smooth and Clear Even Car Speeds Up To 100 mph. The Digital wireless except module Built-in Monitor and Camera, You just hook the antennas and power supply to them, they will transport video signals auto. This system will unlikely lost signal in normal use. Eliminate Bl. Warning: This wireless be interfered by HID lights or hot spots if your vehicle with HID lights or hot
- The Monitor was built-in a digital wireless receiver, it was easy and simple to connect to power to cigarette lighter /ACC/Fuse/Radio, etc. There are 3 different mounts for the monitor for optional, So you can fix the monitor on dash/windshield/Hanging on anywhere you as you can. The package includes two-bracket base, but if you need a windshield mount, please contact us get it no cost.
- IP69K Waterproof Camera 150° viewing angle and Easy to hook up to combat bad weather. It’s also fog resistant with a night vision ability. The wireless range over 450 ft in open empty area, Working on Vehicle under 60ft. An extra stronger longer antenna and 12ft extension wires included in the package helps enhanced signal or special use.
- You can wire it for only Reversing/Rearview by powered camera with reverse lights or full time constantly view by powered camera with Running lights/car battery. The system Voltage Range From 12-24V DC Power to Accommodate a Wide Variety of Large Vehicle RV/5th Wheel/Truck/Motorhome/Trailers/Campers/MPV/SUV/Caravan/Pickup.*Note: For a small car, don’t recommend buying this system.
- We provided a professional instruction and video link in package, Warranty 2 year, lifetime tech support service: [email protected]
- Quality – Reviewers really love the quality of this product, it’s price point and the ease of the install.
- Large monitor – Many reviewers mentioned the widescreen and dual cameras are big wins for this product.
- Can be adapted for continuous use – This camera can also be mounted to a trailer for continuous use as long as it is connected to a power source like a cargo light.
- Quality Customer Service – Customer Service is also a strong point for this manufacturer.
- Poor image quality – Some reviewers were not impressed with the quality of the image on the monitor.
- Limited range – Others report some trouble with the relay range, which can be reminded by purchasing additional extension antennas at an additional cost.
This kit seems to be an easy setup, with a responsive manufacturer should you run into any trouble. The quality of the video on the monitor seems to be a pitfall for some, but the quality you do get at that price point is unmatched. Range of relay between the camera and the monitor also seems to be a downside to this unit, but again, considering the price point, even with the added costs of extension antennas, this set-up is still quite a deal. If you are looking for a quality, affordable unit with solid customer support than this is the unit for you. You can read more reviews here.
From the Manufacturer:
- Installation Video: If You Need an Extended Antenna or with any Problems, Please Contact Us ([email protected]) We are always Online and Offer a 12 Month Replacement Warranty and Lifetime Support
- Backup camera No Interference: Totally Upgrade 2nd Generation Digital Wireless with 100% No Interference, Camera Wireless Signal Can Stay Smooth and Clear Even Car Speeds Up To 110 mile
- Clearly Displayed: The Picture is Clearer Than Most Similar Products. Single Full View / Split Dual View With 2 Wireless Cameras. Observe all Blind Spots.
- Advanced Wireless Rear View Camera: 18 Infrared Lights and CCD Sensor, Digital High definition Image Processor Will Present Superior Night Vision For You.Super IP69 Waterproof Standard.149° Gold Angle Of View, Make Your Reversing More Confident and Safety
- Easy Installation: It Won’t Take more than 2 Minutes to Install The Monitor, As soon as You Plugged It to the Cigarette lighter, Then It Works.2 wiring methods. It can be automatically turned on when reversing, or always on while driving. Voltage Range From 12-24V DC Power To Accommodate a Wide Variety of Large Vehicle as RV/Semi-Trailer/Box Truck/5th Wheel/Trailer/Bus
- 2 Cameras, 1 monitor-This kit comes with two cameras that can be viewed from a single monitor.
- Can be adapted for continuous use-While sold as a backup camera, many reviewers report that you can install one camera to the backup lights and the other to a power source that can be left on, such as cargo light.
- Two cameras twice the safety-Two cameras give you the best of both worlds, you can use one camera as a backup and the other inside the horse trailer camera system to monitor your furry travelers.
- Quality and Efficiency- Reviewers also report that these cameras are sturdy, fairly easy to install, waterproof and rugged. This setup also includes night vision features which make it a force to be reckoned with.
- Installation may be tricky – If you are not nifty with wiring, this kit may be complicated.
- Monitor displays feed from one camera at a time – This set has two cameras, which cannot be monitored side by side however you can toggle between cameras using the monitor.
- May require parts not included in the kit – Some report poor video quality and signal however you can purchase “extended range” antennas from the manufacturer for an additional cost.
The ZEROXCLUB Digital Wireless Backup Camera System Kit No Interference IP69 Waterproof Wireless Rear View Camera 7”Wireless Reversing Monitor for RV/Truck/Semi-Trailer/Box Truck (WX02) seems to give you quite a bit of bang for your buck. You get two cameras, which is a great bonus. The single-screen monitoring is an added benefit as you would not require two screens if you wanted both in-trailer and back up camera support. If you have a longer horse trailer camera system it may be worthwhile to invest in the extended range antennas. You can read more about this kit here.
There are a number of cameras on the market for various vehicles that can be adapted to work for in-trailer surveillance without sacrificing quality. Durability, transmission signal and real-time relay between the camera and the monitor are important items to consider when shopping for an in-trailer monitoring system. A camera is not enough? Check the following link to learn about the best ways to lock a trailer.