Last Updated on February 9, 2022 by Cinthia
If you have ever trailered your horse anywhere, then you have wondered: How are they doing back there? Or maybe you have felt them moving around a bit more than usual but you are not in a safe area to stop, get out of the truck and look. Recent advances in technology have made these problems a thing of the past! Let us check out horse trailer camera system.
Many owners choose to mount a camera inside their horse trailers to keep an eye on their friends as they travel to ensure that they are traveling well as well as peace of mind. In this week’s Review Round-Up we will look at the best cameras for inside horse trailers on the market.
Horse Trailer Camera System: Top 5 Best CameraBest Camera For Inside Horse TrailerBest Camera For Inside Horse Trailer
From the Manufacturer:
- It is also an LCD monitor so it is very light as well as thin.
- The RV Box camera Has a 120 Degree viewable angle, it is waterproof, and has auto night vision. Has optimal reception for up to 50 Feet this allows it to work perfectly without interruption in any vehicle.
- The camera is one of the most durable from the supplier, with incredible adjustability.
- The RV Box camera has a metal sun shield visor to protect you from glare and pebbles.
- It has been regularly used in cars, vans, buses, and even industrial sized caterpillar trucks, operated in the harsh oil sand of Canada. It has also been very popular with RV’s because its housing allows you to install the cameras on multiple sides of your RV.
- This camera is also a wireless camera so there is no need to run cables through your Car or RV.
What Other Manufacturer says:
- Tadibrothers only sells one type of wireless camera because it’s the ONLY one on the market that is reliable. This wireless camera has a 50ft range that can go through any vehicle. You can also mount this camera INSIDE your horse trailer and see your horse while driving down the road!
- It also has a C Clamp to clamp down the camera instead of bolting it, you can also use the battery packs, and then it is truly wireless and mobile.
- What does wireless mean? It means you don’t have to run a video cable from the back of your vehicle to the front, instead it’s wireless. However, the camera and monitor still need to be wired to a power source.
- The monitor comes with a cigarette adapter however you can use ANY 12V power source instead. The camera can be wired to the reverse light, an area light, anything that has power will be 12V.
- The supplier also supplies instructions and has tech support and if you need a local installer we can find one for you.
- Back-Up Camera that can be adapted – This camera is, in fact, a backup camera, however, many reviewers have used it inside their horse trailers. Since the camera is triggered by the vehicle it is installed when it goes into reverse, the manufacturer recommends not connecting that line if you would like a continuous feed from inside your horse trailer camera system.
- Can be used for day or night – The quality of the feed both day and night are strong points for this camera. The casing is not only durable, but it is waterproof and shockproof.
- Wireless – The camera feeds the wireless screen which means there is less chord debris inside your vehicle.
- May be difficult to install – According to online reviews, this camera is difficult to install. Since it is by nature a backup camera, you will have to figure out which wire connects it to the reverse function of your vehicle and not utilize that wire.
The color and quality of both the day and night vision camera functions are superior and preferred by many reviewers. However, this product seems difficult to install and one reviewer reported it took his friend who is an electrician 40 minutes to install which might mean us non-electricians may have a bit of a harder time. You can read more about this product here.
Read about How Much Is My Horse Trailer Worth?
From the Manufacturer:
- The Monitor has a split-screen ability, you can add a 2nd digital wireless camera to the current monitor. You can switch between rearview/side view/front view depending on where a second camera is mounted.
- This wireless may be interfered with due to HID lights or hot spots if your vehicle with HID lights or hot.
- The Monitor was built-in a digital wireless receiver, it was easy and simple to connect to power to the cigarette lighter, ACC, fuse, radio, etc. There are 3 different mounts for the monitor for optional, so you can fix the monitor on dash, windshield, or hanging on anywhere you as you can. The package includes a two-bracket base, but if you need a windshield mount.
- Camera with a waterproof IP rate of IP69K.
- It has a 150° viewing angle and easy to hook up to combat bad weather. It’s also fog resistant with a night vision ability. The wireless range over 450 ft in an open empty area, Working on a vehicle under 60ft. An extra stronger longer antenna and 12ft extension wires included in the package helps enhanced signal or special use.
- The supplier provides professional instruction and video link in package, warranty 2 years, lifetime tech support service.
- Quality – Reviewers really love the quality of this product, its price point, and the ease of the install.
- Large monitor – Many reviewers mentioned the widescreen and dual cameras are big wins for this product.
- Can be adapted for continuous use – This camera can also be mounted to a trailer for continuous use as long as it is connected to a power source like a cargo light.
- Quality Customer Service – Customer Service is also a strong point for this manufacturer.
- Poor image quality – Some reviewers were not impressed with the quality of the image on the monitor.
- Limited range – Others report some trouble with the relay range, which can be reminded by purchasing additional extension antennas at an additional cost.
- Not recommended for a small car.
This kit seems to be an easy setup, with a responsive manufacturer should you run into any trouble. The quality of the video on the monitor seems to be a pitfall for some, but the quality you do get at that price point is unmatched.
The range of relay between the camera and the monitor also seems to be a downside to this unit, but again, considering the price point, even with the added costs of extension antennas, this set-up is still quite a deal. If you are looking for a quality, affordable unit with solid customer support then this is the unit for you. You can read more reviews here.
From the Manufacturer:
- Digital wireless with 100% no interference and HD clear pictures. The wireless signal can stay smooth and clear up to 100 mph.
- The picture is clearer with a digital high definition Image. It has a single full view and a split dual view with 2 wireless cameras to observe all blind spots.
- This camera has 18 Infrared lights and CCD sensor. It has superior night vision.
- It has a lens viewing angle of 140 Degrees to make your reversing more confident.
- Camera with a waterproof IP rate of IP69K.
- It won’t take more than 2 minutes to install the monitor. It can be automatically turned on when reversing, or always on while driving.
- The system voltage range from 12-24V DC power to accommodate a wide variety of large vehicle RV/5th Wheel/Truck/Motorhome/Trailers/Campers/MPV/SUV/Caravan/Pickup.
- The supplier offers a 12-month replacement warranty and lifetime support.
Read about Where Can I Rent a Horse Trailer for Horses?
- 2 Cameras, 1 monitor-This kit comes with two cameras that can be viewed from a single monitor.
- Can be adapted for continuous use-While sold as a backup camera, many reviewers report that you can install one camera to the backup lights and the other to a power source that can be left on, such as cargo light.
- Two cameras twice the safety-Two cameras give you the best of both worlds, you can use one camera as a backup and the other inside the horse trailer camera system to monitor your furry travelers.
- Quality and Efficiency- Reviewers also report that these cameras are sturdy, fairly easy to install, waterproof, and rugged. This setup also includes night vision features which make it a force to be reckoned with.
- Installation may be tricky – If you are not nifty with wiring, this kit may be complicated.
- Monitor displays feed on one camera at a time – This set has two cameras, which cannot be monitored side by side however you can toggle between cameras using the monitor.
- May require parts not included in the kit – Some report poor video quality and signal however you can purchase “extended range” antennas from the manufacturer for an additional cost.
The ZEROXCLUB Digital Wireless Backup Camera System Kit seems to give you quite a bit of bang for your buck. You get two cameras, which is a great bonus. The single-screen monitoring is an added benefit as you would not require two screens if you wanted both in-trailer and back up camera support. If you have a longer horse trailer camera system it may be worthwhile to invest in the extended range antennas. You can read more about this kit here.
4. Douxury 1080P 2 Digital Wireless Backup Camera System/ Monitoring System for Trailers with 7” Monitor
From the Manufacturer:
- The upgraded wireless backup cameras have a dual antenna design with a state of the art digital signal chip. The cameras send 1080P videos to your 7” display using the strongest signal available. The signal reaches 300 feet in open areas, and 180 feet from inside vehicles or trailers.
- The cameras are IP69 waterproof, using high tech sealants. They can also withstand temperatures ranging from -4℉~149℉, making these extremely weatherproof! Lens water and fogging is not an issue.
- The 1080P Hd backup cameras use a CCD image processing chip for high definition images during daytime and bright and clear images in the dark. This means 24 hours of clear footage!
- The 4-channel monitoring system can be used in 1 full-screen mode, 2 split-screen modes, or even a quadruple mode. The system can use 2 additional cameras.
- The best part? This system includes a 30-day money-back guarantee! It also has lifetime support and a 1-year replacement warranty.
- Dual Antennas-The signal can reach 180 feet within vehicles or trailers, and 300 ft outside. The camera will send videos through the stronger antenna signal automatically.
- 4 Channels- If using a long trailer or box stalls, this system can use single, double, or 4-screen-split-modes. You can add two cameras to the system.
- Quality- This system offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year replacement warranty! There is also 24-hour online customer support.
- Waterproofing- This camera system can be used inside the trailer to monitor horses, or outside as back-up assistance. Cameras can be permanently installed on the trailer exterior without fogging issues.
- Camera units are bulky – The actual camera unit sticks out to some degree. This isn’t an issue while inside the trailer but may pose a theft issue if used on the exterior.
- Angle issues – The cameras must be angled at a downward angle.
- Tech skills – Although one of the higher-rated cameras for “easy installation”, it can be difficult without some tech experience to set up.
This is an excellent camera choice for the price. It comes with a generous 7″ monitor, easily mounted on the dash for easy viewing. You can use single or dual cameras with split monitors, and the one year warranty alone makes the price tag worth every penny!
From the Manufacturer:
- The 4-way DVR video inputs can be used with up to four separate cameras with 4 channels that include a recording function. The screen can be split into a full image or dual split-screens. Bracket adapters and pigtail wires are available upon request.
- The system is an upgraded fifth-generation product, with an upgraded digital wireless signal. It has no interference, even with high-speeds! Your stream will remain clear up to 150 mph. The system works with outdoor distances of up to 180 meters and remains uninterrupted under 100 feet through vehicles or trailers.
- FHD 1080P images are displayed from the cameras featuring 15 infrared light and SONY CCD sensor images. The result is advanced high definition color night vision, perfect for a darker horse trailer.
- The camera is IP69 waterproof, meaning it can be installed virtually anywhere. It has fog-resistance and superior night vision capability, and a 150 degree viewing angle. Voltage requirements range from 12-24V DC in order to accommodate multiple vehicle trailers/boxes for ultimate convenience.
- Price- This is an economical and quality choice for internal or external camera systems.
- Monitoring- This system can monitor up to four cameras with four separate channels and a recording function.
- Camera features- The waterproofing and fog resistance is great for external use, but the cameras also offer HD color night vision imaging- perfect for a closed-in horse trailer.
- Long-range- The wireless system works up to 1500 feet, perfect for long trailers or goosenecks with living quarters.
- Customer support – There is little to no customer support from Dohonest, and replacements are not always given for faulty equipment.
- Bumpy roads – Picture freezes when the system is live on bumpy surfaces.
This is an amazing product for a very affordable price. It has a generous 7″ monitor, great night vision color for dark trailers, and you can attach multiple cameras. However, some attachments are a separate purchase. Aside from the lack of warranty, this is an excellent camera loved by horse and RV owners!
There are a number of cameras on the market for various vehicles that can be adapted to work for in-trailer surveillance without sacrificing quality. Durability, transmission signal, and real-time relay between the camera and the monitor are important items to consider when shopping for an in-trailer monitoring system. A camera is not enough? Check the following link to learn about the best ways to lock a trailer.